Knowing how to respond to emergency situations that may arise in front of your very eyes is critical in ensuring that the situation is handled appropriately and safely. Crucial life-saving skills such as CPR, splinting and bandaging, and treating allergic reactions aren’t skills reserved strictly for medical professional—anyone can learn these things, given the right teacher. Always Prepared CPR & First Aid aims to be your teacher and it’s our mission to prepare you properly for any number of urgent first responder situations. Take a look at just some of the courses we offer and the situations we can prepare you for:
- Bandaging and splinting: Properly tending to and setting an injury can be the difference between appropriate healing and complications during recovery. We’ll teach you how to assess an injury, bandage it for protection and support, splint correctly to contain breaks and sprains, and prep the injury for proper medical attention.
- Controlling bleeding: Loss of blood is a very serious complication for even minor injuries, making the ability to control bleeding crucial for anyone tending to an injury. We’ll teach you how to identify crucial arteries and veins, as well as where to apply pressure to stem the bleeding.
- Medical emergencies: We’re here to prepare you for any number of medical emergencies by educating you on the proper protocol necessary to contain a situation and communicate your needs to the proper medical professionals, all while mitigating the chaos of the situation you’re faced with.
- Bites and stings (allergic reactions): Allergies can have a number of adverse effects on people, including swelling, shock and seizures. Knowing how to identify an allergic reaction and treat the situation appropriately could save a life.
- Burns: When a person is burned, no matter how severe, it’s paramount that the burn is taken care of appropriately to not exacerbate the situation. Avoid infection and mitigate the chance of shock with our course on dealing exclusively with burns.
- Handling shock: When a person is in shock, it could be hard to gauge their levels of pain, awareness, consciousness or feeling. Recognizing the signs of shock and understanding its effects on the mind and body will help you to act appropriately in situations where someone is suffering from it.
- Seizure: Containing a person’s convulsions during a seizure can be difficult and could end up harming them more if done incorrectly. We’ll teach you how to minimize the harm done to a person while they’re seizing and help you to guide them through the ordeal so that they’re safe until it has passed.
- Heat and cold emergencies: Heat stroke and hypothermia are very real situations that must be handled quickly and appropriately. We’re here to teach you the skills required to help an individual reach an optimal internal temperature and prevent any number of harms that might befall them while too hot or too cold.
- Low blood sugar: For those with chronic low blood sugar or diabetes, understanding how to deal with low blood sugar is extremely important—both to avoid diabetic shock and alleviate emergency situations. We’ll teach you the do’s and don’ts of assisting someone in overcoming a moment of low blood sugar.
- Basic life support (BLS): Basic life support skills are something everyone should learn, because they can be applied in a plethora of situations where reactiveness and critical thinking are key. We’ll teach you how to minimize the negative effects of a situation, get everything under control and ensure that anyone sick, injured or harmed is receiving the right attention from you.
- CPR (adult, child and infant): When performed incorrectly, CPR has no value for the person receiving it—however if approached with the right technique, it could be life saving. We offer CPR training in Fairfield, CA for adult, children and infant situations, ensuring that you’re equipped with the knowledge needed to assist anyone, no matter their age.
If you’re seeking to become a more prepared individual or are training to become an EMT or paramedic, the above are essential skills that everyone should know and understand. Contact us today at 707-426-9926 for more information about any of the courses we offer or to learn more about emergency response training in Fairfield, CA.